In concurrence with our oveall mission to provide " Member Value", we deliver high quality offerings to our members, with a focus on professional development & networking opportunities.
The PMI-OC chapter is dedicated to the advancement of the PMI members. The continued goal is to promote the ethics and the professional code of conduct while working with our membership to insure that we are all continuing our development..
We increased the quality of our current offerings - the value, effectiveness, and consistency. Our offerings primarily serve experienced professionals. We focus on improving delivery & meeting the needs of our target members.
We continue to have a strong base of PMPs - at least half of our membership. We tailor our knowledge content (e.g., event topics) based on member needs/representation. We have diversity in products and services and cross-sell to our Partnerships in order to provide increased member value - e.g., conducting professional development events, providing member discounts to external offerings, utilizing our expertise on an OC community project.
Professional Development Objectives
- Increase the visibility of professional development opportunities.
- Promote the awareness of Chapter supported training and education programs.
- Increase value to members by being responsive to their professional development needs and requests.
- Support and encourage PMP certification and recognition.
- Provide education and reference materials.
Professional Development Activities
- Identify and sponsor education and training programs for the Chapter.
- Facilitate PMI accreditation of project management degree curricula at colleges and universities in the Sacramento area.
- Promote and encourage public relations and communication to members on professional development.
- Identify, research and support the preparation of technical publications that further project management knowledge.
PMI-OC offers and promotes project manager educational and professional growth opportunties by regular offerings such as:
- PMP Prep Certification programs
- Dinner Meetings monthly that promotes educational and networking opportunities. Attending a dinner meeting offers PDUs
- Advanced Topics Seminars monthly allowing the project management professional a indepth discovery of current project management issues.
Please see our Events Calendar for more information regarding our offerings.