Future of Project Management in a Post-Covid World from a Legal/Compliance Perspective
- Gain insights to mitigate legal/compliance risk black swan after black swan event (force majeure, supply chain, privacy, remote teams, etc.)
- Gain insights re: your evolving role and relevant internal and external factors, including advances in technology and expanding rights for non-attorney professionals (e.g., changes to the State Bar of CA)
- Case-study group discussions
User Experience 101 for project managers
- Understand the rapid evolution of 3 areas of UX as it relates to Design and how to select and include the right UX focus area for your Project type
- Learn about the value of diversity, ethical implications, and cognitive biases.
- Discover your own cognitive biases – individual exercises
- Use a journey map to discover opportunities – individual or group
- Matching various UX practice areas and Project types – group exercise
What Project Manager Trends are presently happening and how best to catch the next wave!
- Conditions in PM are changing
- The Emergence of Hybrid Project Management Approaches
- A closer connection between projects and strategy
- Evolving PM soft skills and leadership Skills
- Leadership skills must include the Human Touch
- Communication changes
- Impact of digitization, data analytics, need for rapid innovation, and AI
- Inclusion of change management plans
- Reliance on Digital and Remote Teams
Grow Your Skills
It is particularly important for Project Managers to maintain and improve their project management knowledge and skills to stay competitive in the market. PMP certification is a critical component. As, during the resent years, project management discipline took a step toward more flexible and dynamic project management methodologies, in addition to the traditional waterfall approach, several new emerging methodologies became in high demand. Thus, training and credentialing in these methodologies became highly sough after among Project Management professionals. It is especially relevant in today's economic climate.
|New Members This Year||162|
|Members with no Certification||560|
|Breakdown by type|
The Project Management Institute, with members in 135 countries, is the world's foremost authority for the project management profession. PMI sets industry standards, conducts research, and provides education and certification opportunities designed to strengthen and further establish the profession. Our chapter proudly serves all the local and national professionals in the space of Project Management. We currently have thousands of members - over half of whom hold PMI’s esteemed PMP certification - and represent nearly 400 unique companies across the globe.
Find a Volunteer Opportunity
Make your mark on our PMI Chapter and the profession. As a member, you can volunteer to work on and to lead activities that advance the profession and support the chapter business operations by joining our chapter volunteer community. All volunteer openings are managed by the PMI Volunteer Relationship Management System (VRMS). This system includes the ability to search for opportunities, view details about each role and apply online.
Earn PDUs by Volunteering
Volunteering Project Management Professional PDUs can be earned as part of Category E: Volunteer Service. Category E, along with Category D (Creating New Project Knowledge) and Category F (Working as a Professional in Project Management), comprise the Giving Back To The Profession Categories. You can earn PDUs in Category E (Volunteer Service) by providing volunteer, non-compensated project management, and many others.
Speakers for our Chapter's Events
Our PMI Chapter welcomes proposals from passionate speakers interested in sharing their experiences, knowledge and expertise on such topics as general business and strategy, leadership, project management, and technical or industry-specific specialties. Our Professional Development events provide professional development units (PDUs) of educational information necessary for those attendees maintaining certification designations. Speakers are also eligible to claim PDUs for their creation and delivery of the presentation material.