Welcome to the PMI-OC Book Club! The PMI-OC Book Club is a virtual gathering place for PMI-OC members to read and discuss books related to project management and leadership development. The goal is for participants to grow as project managers and as leaders as they read and discuss the literature selected by the Book Club.
Benefits at a Glance
- Ease of participation through a virtual setting
- Great way to learn and earn PDUs
- Share relevant books you've already read to spread information and help others
- Great way to network with like-minded professionals interested in books and growth
- Enhance project management and leadership skills and enrich your perspective through co-mingling with others' perspectives
Book Club Details
Book Club Structure
- The Book Club is virtual/held online.
- Current PMI-OC members may participate in the Book Club sessions for free.
- Non-members may participate in the Book Club sessions for a $10 fee for each session.
- Participants must acquire their own copy of the book.
- Initially, the first book will be selected in December 2022 and the first meeting will be held in January 2023 on the third Thursday (January 19th 2023). Afterwards, the book club sessions will be held once every other month on the third Thursday.
Book Club Meeting Structure
- Each meeting will have a facilitator to guide discussion
- Each meeting should be expected to last one hour
- No more than 300 pages should be read per Book Club session
- Books with more than 300 pages may be divided into sections and those books may be discussed over a period of 2 or more sessions
How to Participate
- Participation requires registering for the book club session on the PMI-OC website
- Participants must have read the book/book section under selection
- Selection Requirements
- Should cost no more than $30
- Should fall under one or more PMI Talent Triangle categories
- The initial book will be selected by the Book Club Team.
- Afterwards, meeting participants, at a given meeting, if the current book is finished, will select a book to read for the next meeting based on a majority vote after reading book synopses
- We will report:
- 1 PDU for the meeting
- 1 PDU for the book section read
- Participants may also self-report PDUs based on time read (with 1 PDU per hour read)
Current book to read: